Nartan Institute of Performing Arts (NIPA) is a Sydney based dance school. NIPA provides training in Bharatnatyam, Bollywood and Folk Dances of India. Classes are for all ages-for as small as 3 years till adults; for all abilities-from beginners to advance. The institute provides platform for basic to extensive skill development and learning in dance and performances at various levels. Whilst the basic focus is on teaching/development and performances for students, they are also profound at customizing dances for events, stage shows and tailor-made workshops. The institute also designs programs for introduction of dance to kids at various day care centres and schools, dance for fitness and program for seniors.
The students of the institute have equal opportunities to perform and get involved at various festivals Indian community events and council events. NIPA has been associated with many councils of Sydney for a variety of council events including Burwood Spring Festival, Doonside Festival, Woodcroft Lake Festival, Blacktown City Festival, Haldon Street Festival, Strathfield Spring Festival, Starry Sari Night, Narellan Rhythm Festival, Tregear Festival, Bidwill Festival just to name a few. The institute have been actively involved associating with various multicultural organizations in Australia for promotion and development of Indian art; to name a few–events by Migrant Resource Centre, CIA, UIA, Hindu Council of Australia, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Australia, GOPIO Sydney, Indian Support Centre, Hindi Gaurav, Star Event Productions, Harman Foundation, Indigo Foundation and many more over years. The institute also have contributed to various fundraiser and charitable initiatives. NIPA has been involved as the dance partner for the major fundraiser of The Cancer Council- ‘Stars of Parramatta’.
Why Choose NIPA ?
- Classes for all abilities and levels
- Personal attention to every student
- Versatile choreography
- Equal opportunities to perform
CLASSES WE OFFER
Forms and Policies
Group Classes-Enrolments are open to ages 5 years and over for Bharatnatyam and ages 3 years and over for Bollywood and Folk dances. Registrations are open to individual with varied skill levels: individual with no prior experience or with advance level of dance skills who wish to develop further. Classes are classified according to ages and/or ability. The entry is strictly per the availability of spots in a group. Individuals may decide to register for one or more classes per week. Please bring the filled Registration Form to your first class to complete your registration: Form A for ages over 18 years and Form A as well as Form B for under 18 years.
Private Class- These are planned per the agreement of the teacher and the student. Contact your teacher to be advised of what form applies to you.
• All group lessons per person are $8 per class (for 30 mins) and $12 per class (for an hour class)
• Private lessons range from $50-$180 per hour depending on the requirement of the event/workshop
• A one-off registration fees of $10 applies to every new enrolment
• Fees must be paid four weeks in advance
• $10 late fees will incur for each delay
• Please notify before 36hrs for absence, any more than one absence in a period of four weeks will be charged fees for the day
• A minimum of two weeks’ notice should be provided for overseas travel or more than two-week holidays
• Absence of more than 5 weeks in a row without fees will need re-enrolment
• Notice should be provided 2 weeks in advance for discontinuation
• NIPA director reserves the right to refuse an application for admission or cancel the admission
We are an approved Creative Kids Provider and you can use your Creative Kids Vouchers towards your fees at our Institute. Please note that we do not accept Active Kids Vouchers.
If you have not heard about the Creative Kids Vouchers, this is an NSW government incentive to assist in the creative activity of children throughout NSW. Each voucher is valued up to $100 per calendar year for each student enrolled in school. The voucher may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs. Here is the link to claim your voucher which then can be used at NIPA-
To avoid administrative nightmare, can I please request all who wish to use their Creative Kids Voucher (of value $100) at NIPA to follow the following:
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher when your fees are due
- Please do not submit the vouchers before your fees due date
- Please clearly write the students date of birth and parents contact phone number on the voucher
Failure to provide the correct details might delay the use of the voucher.
Please keep in mind that the voucher value cannot be reimbursed as cash, nor can it be transferred to another child. The voucher cannot be refunded back to you in any way as governed by the guidelines of this program.